Monday, June 15, 2009

So.. it's been a while...

Well, I am sitting here eating a plate of vegetables. I don't know what is happening to me... oh wait, I do. Kyli and I decided that we were doing NO sugar for the whole summer. Which is pretty exciting if you think about it.. but if you don't think about it, and eat a veggie tray instead.... it's not as exciting. Oh well, vegetables are good for you. Lots of things are good for you that aren't necessarily exciting though. Like school. Filling out scholarship applications. Finding out your parents aren't perfect. Breaking important things, like hearts.

If I've learned one important thing this year, it's that you can turn any situation into something beneficial. That's what life is for. Life is to learn. and Grow. and Change. and Smile and Laugh and Love. If you can change a bad situation or experience into a good learning experience, you're pretty much set for life. "To love another person is to see the face of God."

If I've learned one important thing this year, it's that worrying is the biggest waste of energy on this green earth. (Yes, the earth is green. Just an example of some crazy people worrying that our earth is going to be brown or something.. what the heck? The earth will be fine... it's nice and green all over the place.. we're good. Stop worrying so much!) You can't worry about something that hasn't happened yet. It doesn't make sense. Just have a little faith that things will work out. And if you do find yourself in a situation that IS worrysome, just reference the above paragraph.

If I've learned one important thing this year, it's that people matter before anything else. People are here right in front of you. They are more important than school or work or clothes or music or your phone... or even facebook (you're shocked, I know). Nothing can compare to the memories people create together. Connection with another human being will last longer than anything you can learn from a textbook or buy at a store.

If I've learned one important thing this year it's that you can do anything. With a little faith and a lot of help from God, you really can do anything that you need to do. You can get through anything. You can accomplish anything. You can learn anything. It's the greatest feeling in the world, and the most powerful knowledge out there.

Welp, that's about it. This is very poorly written, and a bit unorganized and random but I just felt like it. So there. OH YEAH. That's another thing I learned...

DO WHAT YOU FEEL.

:)



No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.