Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yes, I'm posting again.

Sorry! for all the posts! I'm probably clogging your blogger dashboard. BUT.
I had tithing settlement tonight.
And my bishop rocks.
Seriously.
He is truly inspired.
After he checked if I had a full tithe he asked for a goal I want to work on for the coming year.
One of them was to read a conference talk at least once a week.
And he said he sometimes has a hard time reading them so he just downloads them and listens to them on CD in his car!
Brilliant!
And he had some old conference CDs that he just gave me.
I was so happy.
I got the October 2007 sessions.
I popped the first one in as soon as I got in my car
and the first thing I heard was President Gordon B. Hinckley's voice.
I was surprised by the instant tears that welled up in my eyes.
I had to blink them away so I could see to drive.
I had somehow forgotten how much I love the prophet that I grew up with.
He truly was a great man.



The night my family found out President Hinckley died is very vivid in my mind.
We got the news from a friend on the phone.
I was on the computer when Dad came in and told me.
I was sad.
It was surreal.
Gordon B. Hinckley had been the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints since I was 3.
He was the only prophet I knew.
I didn't cry though.
I wasn't even very sad, only because he was so old and he'd lived such an amazing life.
We gathered our little family together.
Dad, Mom, Kelene, and I sat around the table for our own little memorial service of sorts.
We started off singing
"We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet"
but we didn't finish.
Within the first few bars we all had tears in our eyes.
We sat around the table.
Tears streaming down.
Loving our prophet.



He was a good man.
He was a jokester.
He had a crack in his old man voice which was one of my favorite things about him.
He always had the best stories.
He accomplished so much for the Church.
He loved his wife dearly.
He was truly a prophet of God.

Although I miss President Hinckley, I also very firmly sustain the new Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I have a personal testimony that he is the Lord's prophet on the earth today and he loves us and gives us guidance directly from our Father in heaven.

I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I am thankful for my Savior and His example.
I am thankful for a loving, caring Heavenly Father.
And I am thankful for living prophets to point us in the way Christ would have us go.

The end.
:)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.