Monday, June 7, 2010

Once upon a time....

there was a girl named Annie. She was awesome. HA! But really... anyway. One thing about this girl is she had lots and lots and lots of crushes. On every boy. Well, I don't want to talk about myself in the 3rd person anymore... mostly because it's too much brain power to word it at 4 in the morning. Goodness. SO I'll just say I love boys. BUT my main squeeze at the moment is... dang it. I don't have a nick name for him yet. Kelene was telling me I need to find him one. But then I forgot. We'll call him... Hairy Ben!! Hahaha. And this might be awkward because he actually reads this blog. What boy reads blogs. Seriously. I attract weirdies. But I like it! Anyway this boy is suuuper super awkward. hahaha. But I love it! I thrive in awkward situations. As long as it's not me that's feeling awkward. But I can BE awkward. I think I'm using the word awkward too much. This post is not making any sense. I'm tired. I should sleep. But I MUST BLOG! So I'll trudge forth!

Anyway, what I was saying is Hairy Ben is awkward. And we were actually just chatting and thinking we want to start a book club! Because people should read more because it makes you smarter. And I'm getting dumber. Very sad, I know. And then we were talking about books that we like and I brought up The Lord of the Flies because that book is AWESOME. And it has so much JUICE for my psychology major brain. :) And then we were talking about how awesome personalities are. And how I love to know why people are the way they are and why they do things they do. It FASCINATES me. And then I thought of all the personalities that are out there in the world.. and all the ones that have died.. and all the ones that are yet to be born... and God made them ALL. How amazing is that?? I'm pretty sure He is the most awesome genius ever. Maybe someday I can have my own children. And I can help develop their personalities. Hopefully I influence them for good. Hopefully I can make them better than me and my parents. Hopefully I can teach them how to love people and God through my own example. Hopefully they'll be GOOD. Maybe someday I can be a little more like Him. :)

Well, I think that's all my brain's gonna squeeze out at this late hour. Or early hour. Whatever. Goodness, I bet some people are WAKING up right now. For Pete's sake. For Hairy Ben's sake. I'm gonna go to bed now.

Right after I write my Words of Wisdom for the Day segment.. because I've been slacking on my wisdom lately. I suppose I can say.. Don't sweat the small stuff! As a girl, I have a horrible habit of analyzing and over analyzing everything that happens in my life. For example: Tonight, I was at Hairy Ben's house and we were watching Lost... and he kept putting his hand down by his side. And I analyzed that. Really now? He just casually put his hand down there and my brain said to me, "Is he wanting to hold your hand? Maybe he's just actually casually resting his hand there.. but he's GOT to realize that's what he supposed to do when he wants to hold hands. But he's crazy! We haven't even gone on a date yet. I'm not a floosy! I will not hold hands until he takes me on a date. But I kinda want to.. I'll put my hand down there too.. oh wait, he moved it. Okay it was casual... I'll put my hand back up. Awkward. Oh wait.. he put his back down. Maybe he's all weirded out now. Awkward. I'll shift positions so we can BOTH put our hands down without it being awkward... nope still awkward." .... and so on and so forth. How freaking weird am I for thinking all that stuff. And even if I was justified for feeling weird and a tad stressed (hahahahaha) it's not that big of a deal. Even if Hairy Ben had tried to hold my hand, it wouldn't mean he wanted to marry me or anything. In Relief Society today they recapped a lesson they had last week on dating. The bishop talked to both the women and the men for the 5th Sunday and one of the points that was reviewed was what I'm talking about. The bishop told the girls to remind themselves, "It's just a date!" And this is where I get back to my original point... one girl raised her hand and said she and her roommate had applied that to a lot of things in their lives. "It's just a date" "It's just a phone call" "It's just a burnt dinner" "It's just a bad test grade" We don't have to make mountains out of mole holes. Just as long as we put our trust in Heavenly Father (just take a look at yourself, that should be proof enough that He KNOWS what He's doing... genius) everything will work out for our best. It may not be what we thought we wanted.. but in the end.. it'll be perfect. The end. :)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.