Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You Know You're a TRUE Blogger When....

... the first thing you do after the guy you're dating breaks up with you (after calling your best friend and crying a little) is thinking of what you can put in your blog about the experience. I realize I kinda left you all hanging with the "Love you" post... after that everything was fine. Hairy Ben and I talked about it.. and it was super awkward... but we got over it. We still saw each other every day. We were just having fun! He was even over last night and everything seemed great. We did baptisms this morning and then afterward he did a session. Then later we were texting... and he said he needed to talk to me. Dun dun dun. It sounded ominous. So I went over and we talked... and he said while he was in the session he had this feeling that we should stop dating... and he'd had the feeling before.. and didn't listen to it.. and it ended up badly. So he decided to listen this time. And how can you argue with that? He's still a fantastic guy... I just can't like him anymore. The whole time it looked like he was about to cry.. so naturally I COULDN'T cry.. because that would have just pushed him over the edge.. and I can't handle crying men. I just can't. So I put on a not sad face and left. That's all I could do. I barely made it in the car before the tears came out. Haha. It's not really funny. It's just... I really liked him. I liked his smell and his big nose and his hairiness and his roommates and his nephews and the fact that he is the only other person in the world besides my mom that's ever been able to give me a foot massage without me being totally grossed out. I liked beating him at foosball (even though I'm pretty sure he actually let me win) and watching Lost and holding hands. I liked talking about random stories and playing card games and how he'd push all my hair away from my face before he kissed me. It was fun. I liked being with him. But now it's over. He's still Hairy Ben and I'm still Annie. And we'll move on. But I'll be sad for a while. I can't really be friends with someone after I've dated them.. or even liked them too much. It's just too hard, especially when you still want to be with them. So I probably won't talk about Hairy Ben anymore after this post. As I was driving home I actually started laughing because just this morning I was telling my mom that it was exactly 3 weeks ago today that Hairy Ben and I first met on the river. He lasted exactly 3 weeks. Still not good enough to earn his REAL name in the blog.. but much much better than just about every other boy.

SO now that that's done... I'll watch my feel good movie, While You Were Sleeping. It always gives me hope.. because she's such a weirdo.. that I'll find someone to stick around one of these days. :) Yup. That's right. I'll watch a chick flick and eat some ice cream... if only it would start raining. Then it would be the perfect post break up scene.

But anyway, it's been a while since I've done my words of wisdom for the day. And I'll use Hairy Ben for this. Because he was the perfect example. Follow your gut. I'm good at this because my gut always SCREAMS at me when something's wrong. Hairy Ben kept having this weird feeling ... kind of like my freaking out.. but I think a little more mild. But he kept ignoring it.. until finally in the temple he couldn't NOT listen anymore. That's it. Follow your gut. And by gut.. I mean the spirit. It might not be what you WANT... but in the end it's what you need. I know that Heavenly Father knows best... and He loves me. So I'll be fine. The end.

4 comments:

Maddi said...

A. I love you. B. I love that movie. C. I love ice cream. I wish I was in Mesa right now with you...

falene said...

It's always best to let dead dogs lie. Not that Hairy Ben is a dead dog but an ended relationship is. I love you. We'll miss seeing Hairy Ben around cause we liked him but it will be fun to meet the next next guy, and the next....and the next.

Annie Citrine said...

Aww Maddi I love you too! And I actually didn't watch that movie OR eat ice cream... I had to settle for Lost and pie. haha but we should do both when you get back! :)

And thanks Mom. It'll be chill. I think I'm actually gonna try and be friends with him. I usually suck at it, but he's a good guy. We'll see.

kbuckhan82 said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Annie! You're my hero. I love you and I look up to you. I feel like we live the same life almost :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.