Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lalelalelale get your adverbs here!

Okay.. so I don't really have anything to blog about to be honest. Just the usual life stuff. Actually I'll tell a funny story. I'm probably telling it to no one... maybe Kyli will read it. haha Actually the person in the funny story will probably read it too... because he's a stalker like that. HI! bahaha. Okay, I digress.. back to the story. A few weeks ago I got this friend request from some guy that sort of looked familiar but I didn't know who he was. I went to his profile.. and we have no friends in common at all... he lives in Utah(blech) and he's an oldie. Weird? Yes. Attractive? also yes.. so I added him. BAHAHA. I'm so funny. Anyway, after I add him he pops up on chat asking how we know each other. "Uhm.. we don't. You're the one who added me." Weird? yes. Fate? Perhaps. So we have chatted every once in a while over the past few weeks and he's a generally nice fellow. WELL last night we chatted for a freaking 4 hours.. a bit excessive, you say? Why yes, yes it was. You know what, though? I enjoyed myself more than I have with my real friends in a couple weeks. Which is actually really sad if you think about it. And probably not healthy. But I seriously laughed out loud so much.. haha and I feel so incredibly silly, but hey that's life. I'd rather feel silly than bored. And you know what else? I woke up this morning with a big smile on my face for the first time in a long time. I still feel silly though. I always seem to fall for older men that are just out of my reach. Oh well, I'm sure someday the timing will be right. I just have to exercise patience... which I have none of.. haha.

I was thinking today... and I think most people think the same about a lot of things. It's kind of funny, whenever I receive this profound epiphany and I decide to write it down on facebook or whatever.. I always get comments saying people think that exact same thing. In a way it makes me feel connected to people and like I'm not such a weirdo.. even though I am really weird still. Which is fine because in general I like myself. I like being weird and I like being me. I think it's the silliest thing ever when people wish they were someone else. God put you in this body for a reason. And when He organized matter that became your spirit it was something unique and something so beautiful it's beyond description. And when you put the two together you get this perfect soul that has so much potential to do so much good and achieve so much happiness! I figure as long as I'm getting better everyday... if I can learn something new everyday that makes me happier or adds to my store of knowledge I'm doing great! And if people can get to that point they won't ever be jealous or wish they were someone else ever again. Oh my heavens, I'm so wise. :) bahahaha.

Let's see, what else? Oh yeah. It never ceases to amaze me how much I change and how often I change. I have to pay attention though or I don't notice it. Life is so amazing though. The reason I change is because I always learn so much from the things that happen in my life. I take a lot of things into account. And it's not just things that happen to me that influence me.. it can be a book.. or even just a line in a movie. For example: The Holiday starring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz. There's a scene in that movie where Kate is talking to an old man, who is an old hollywood director/producer, about the problems and frustrations in her life. The old man tells her, "In the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend." Seriously, I had the same revelation as Kate's character when that line was said. Whenever I'm feeling inferior or boring or even sad... I just think, "I'm the leading lady in my own life for heaven's sake! I should stop feeling sorry for myself and make the plot better... because I can!" So there!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.