Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oldie but a goodie

So I kind of loved this thing that I wrote a while back while I was still at BYU Idaho.... it's just a bunch of stuff that I really learned and stuck with me while I was up there. It was a great semester and so I'm just copying and pasting here. Because I can. So there.


So basically I'm not going back to BYU I for the Spring semester. And I was trying to figure out why I had such strong impressions to come up here last spring. Then it hit me. I have learned SO many things just from being here and meeting the people I met! It's kind of amazing. :) And I thought I'd share. So here goes.


I learned what it's like to be on my own. I went grocery shopping and hit the sales but still splurged on ice cream a couple times. I learned that when a guy asks you out he
really should pay and when you ask a guy out you really should pay. I learned that absence really does make the heart grow fonder. I learned that the only thing I really need to be happy is my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I learned that power naps are essential to life. I learned that I can try to plan my life out, but it probably won't turn out like I thought; I also learned that that is probably a good thing. I learned that getting crayons and a princess coloring book in the mail from your dad can make you wanna cry you're so homesick. I learned that holidays really are all about family. I learned that you don't miss your friends NEARLY as much as you miss your mom when you go away. I learned that I don't have to have a boy to succeed in life (as silly as that is haha). I learned that it's okay to turn off your phone in class. I learned that the Book of Mormon has something new every time you read it. I learned that scarves are fabulous. I learned that you can eat an orange with chicken crackers and it's delicious. I learned that it's okay to call your mom at 1:30 in the morning and just cry (she'll make you feel lots better!). I learned that EVERYONE k, maybe just me just wants to feel wanted by someone that they want back. I learned that music is not an easy major but is SO worth it and you feel ridiculously accomplished at the end of only one semester. I learned that dental hygiene is probably a better option for my life. I learned that being a good mommy and wife is more important to me than any other job I'll have to work for. I learned some patience. I learned that chocolate chips should always be in the cupboard and pudding packs make you feel better after a 13 hour day. I learned that patriarchal blessings make you happy. I learned that bearing testimony makes you want to do better than you have been doing. I learned that trying to love people as Christ does helps you see all the wonderful things about them. I learned that roommates can make or break ya, thankfully I had great ones. :) I learned that life is crazy and hard and interesting and complicated and stressful and beautiful and awkward and wonderful! I learned how to make casserole. I learned that as long as you're living the gospel everything works out for the best and you just have to keep learning and living and loving!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.