Monday, July 12, 2010

So this one time...

I fainted. At work. AKA Walgreens. In front of people. While I was straightening some shampoo on a shelf. It was a hard day. Getting stuff ready for school has been really really hard. I don't remember it being this hard signing up for BYU Idaho... which is very discouraging. I wasn't feeling so good today.. as in I was feeling sick! So that didn't help. And then I got to work... and got worse.. and worse and couldn't stop crying. And then I passed out. But then I got to come home and watch Aristocats and eat quesadillas and drink milk and sit on the couch and relax! Which was grand. But overall.... it was a rather emotional day.

I was thinking today about why I blog. Honest to goodness, I do it solely for selfish reasons. I love to write because it's therapeutic for me. Whenever I have an excess of emotion... it's easier for me to write it down and just get it all out. I've never been good with words. I have a very hard time saying out loud the perfect speech I just wrote in my head... the speech that said exactly what I meant and how I felt in a perfectly sensible way. When I try and transfer that speech from my brain to my vocal chords and out my mouth... it gets jumbled. Kind of like ordering a hamburger and shake... and they have all the PERFECT mouthwatering ingredients in the kitchen... but then the kitchen somehow puts the fixings for the hamburger in the blender and the ice cream on the bun... you get what you ordered... just in a really disgusting, mixed up way. I have a feeling that was a terrible metaphor... but get over it. I've had a hard day! And I may have bumped my head... don't judge me.

However, some things I really just can't blog about. So I'll journal them. So I can still remember the things I've done and the lessons I've learned. I suppose I'll make that my words of wisdom for the day... because I'm tired and I want to go to bed. Document your life. Take pictures. Write down memories. Record revelations and lessons learned. We're supposed to remember the good and the bad. Hopefully more good than bad... but the bad so we can keep moving forward and getting better and better! I struggle with a lot of things. I'm not the best person. I'm not always happy. But looking back on times when I was better... and when I was happier... gives me hope that I can be that way again someday.. and even better.. and happier. The end. :)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.