Monday, August 23, 2010

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Seeing as how I'm not sure I've ever actually been in love... this might all be waaayyyy off. But I hope not. I don't know what to think about it all. For those of you who HAVE been in love. Let me know what it's like for you. Because quite frankly I'm a little lost with it all right now.

Because isn't love supposed to be toxic and overwhelming and tragic and make you completely LOONY?? Aren't you supposed to feel heels over head and not be able to focus and just absolutely live and breathe the person you're in love with??

Or is that a kind of fake love they only show you in movies? I don't want to feel out of control in love. I don't think I do at least.

I'd rather it be slow and solid. Something you can feel in your core. Like thunder. It takes a while to build and as it does you can feel it all over in your soul. Not like lightning that strikes suddenly and dazzlingly, tingling your everything. But then it's over.

I'd rather have consistency. Waking up every morning and wanting to see the person simply because you love being with them. Not because they turn your world upside down.. but because they set your world straight. Because everything makes sense when they're with you. And you know that even though bad things will happen, they have to, they'll be right there with you to overcome and grow with you.

Instead of becoming someone completely new because I "fell in love" I'd rather stay myself. "Marriage is about learning to be yourself with someone else." I want to stay me... but become a better version of me. When you love someone, you should want to be better so they can be proud of you, even though they already are. You should be able to lift each other up to higher ground until you finally look down to the bottom of the mountain and cry with joy at what you've accomplished together.

I don't want to feel like the person I'm in love with is too good for me. I want to feel like we're just right for each other.

Everyone says you should marry your best friend. That sounds nice, doesn't it? To marry the person you watch movies with and have giggle fits with and you can talk to about anything and everything. To be in love with someone you're so comfortable with you're surprised at yourself. To know they won't get tired of you because they've seen you after swimming and taken care of you when you're sick and helped you study because you feel stupid and seen your crazy family but still stuck around to keep being your best friend. Yeah that sounds nice.

I want to love and be loved by someone not in spite of our flaws.. but because of them.

I think being in love means loving someone more than you love yourself. And also expecting them to love you more than they love themselves.

I think to be in love is to be happy. If you're with someone... and you're not happy. There's something wrong.

And that's about all I have on the subject for now.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

You have hit the nail right on the head. ;)

Kendra B. said...

holy crap annie.

You know what love is.

Anonymous said...

That's because Annie is a Genius. Total genius. Hey Annie... does Jon read this blog?

Annie Citrine said...

Yes.... religiously. haha why?

Jadeth said...

are you leaving a hint here or what?

Annie Citrine said...

Are you pickin up what I'm puttin down?

haha maybe I'll send you a copy of the original Jadey Made. It doesn't sound as nice. Or it doesn't START as nice. haha about halfway through writing it I realized I actually wanted to post some of it. Yeah. I'll send you a copy.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.