Monday, August 16, 2010

I love Sundays... :)

I love how I can sleep in and not feel guilty. I love how I can watch little kid movies with my little cousins. I love how me and Uncle Mike sometimes say we're gonna start P90X tomorrow.... and die. I love how church is awesome and I meet new people. I love how ward choir ROCKS. I love how when I wear these heels... boys ask for my number. TWO today to be exact.



I love how funny my ward choir director is. I love how my ward feeds me EVERY Sunday after church. I love how I have bruises all over my legs from the past week and they look naaasssty. I love the scriptures. I love how I actually get ready and pretty for Sundays. :) I love firesides and how they have the PERFECT message for me RIGHT NOW. I love that the speakers from the fireside were the parents of the STUD that I took to Winter Formal Senior Year. :) I love that Jon has game nights at his house and our team DOMINATES (actually barely wins) every time.

I love Sundays.... :)


And now for the Words of Wisdom for the Day!! Something I'm always learning and relearning is you make your own life. Things happen that you don't plan. You don't always get your way. People are mean to you and let you down. You have to do things you don't want to do. You feel inadequate and small compared to the spiritual, musical, intellectual, whatever-else-there-is giants all around you. BUT it's all up to you to turn it around. It's up to ME to make ME happy. No one else. I've been thinking about this quote alllll day. Every talk reminded me of it at church. Even now sitting here chatting with Jon who's one of the nicest people EVER I have to remind myself:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world."
-Marianne Williamson

Go get'em tiger! The end. :)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.