Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I love the rain...

... because when it rains it feels like nothing bad could ever happen to you. Like nothing can touch you but the rain. It's been so blazing hot lately. And so humid your lungs feel heavy when you walk outside. As I was driving home today from Phoenix after my seven hour jury duty experience the only thing I was looking forward to was the rain. The traffic was horrible. That was the first time I'd ever driven in real grown up traffic before. But I could see the storm building and even though it would only make the traffic worse.. the only thing I wanted in the whole world was for it to pour down on us. I hate driving in the rain. People are rude and crazy and I can't see anything out my foggy tinted windows. But at that moment the rain would have washed away all my anger and frustration and loneliness of the day. ...but it didn't rain. So I took deep breaths and let people in front of me and made it home to take a loooong shower to clean the dirty of Phoenix and the courtroom with the child molester and the too long looks of some of the other male juror candidates. I used my happy soap that smells like citrus and sunshine and conditioned my hair til it was silky soft and shaved my legs with my man razor for extra smooth. When I got out I moisturized like none other. I feel so absolutely clean and peaceful. It's the best feeling. I put on some pajamas and went out and jumped on the trampoline until it started raining. I laid on the trampoline and just let the drops fall. On my pants and hair and arms and eyes. The wind made my hair go crazy and even wobbled the trampoline underneath me. Everything felt so fresh and beautiful. Nothing could touch me but everything was touching me. Then I got out a book and read on the porch until it stopped raining. Reading in the rain always makes me feel like I'm in a movie... which is the best feeling ever because that means life is interesting. Then I wanted to swing! So I changed into a skirt so it could billow in the wind and I walked down to the park... which didn't have a swing set. So I just buried my feet in the sand. Sand between your toes is the prettiest feeling. :) And then I laid on the jungle gym and looked at the swirly storm clouds that are so perfect it's impossible and thought about all the things I love about life. And I watched the lightning and felt the thunder and thought it was better than any man made fireworks show because lightning is more powerful and thunder rumbles in your chest. And then I came home and Jon came over. And he's been sitting on my floor patiently waiting for me to finish blogging.. so I suppose it would be a good idea to not make him wait longer.

I hope YOU enjoyed the rain! :)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.