Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MAC A LOAF

Oh yeah. I took pictures of this.

I'll tell you!

Once upon a time Kyli Larsonface and I both had boys to cuddle with! Bronson Shipp for her and Austin Burnham for me! AND we were in the same city. Amazing. SO we decided to have an awesome 24 hour movie marathon.

The four of us were deciding what we wanted to make for food.
And of course mac n cheese came up because it is DELICIOUS.
And we were discussing that you must use 2% milk so it can be *creamy* and wonderful.
Then we were speculating what would happen if we used WHOLE MILK!
What if we BOILED it in whole milk??

WHAT IF WE BOILED IT IN CREAM?!?!

... then it would probably curdle and become like a ...loaf.

like a...

MAC A LOAF


And then genius was born.

And we laughed really hard at our silliness.

... but also made these shirts:
Photobucket

Underneath it says cheese, pasta, and cream in latin.
Yes, we are that awesome.
I know.

SO we always planned to actually try this. Just to see what would actually happen.

This was winter of 2008, mind you.

And I finally got around to it this weekend in Thatcher.

And I WISH I took more pictures of the process.. but I didn't.

SO the only ingredients I used were:
1 pint of whipping cream
1 packet of cheese stuff from a kraft mac and cheese box
1 box of noodles from a kraft mac and cheese box

So I poured all the cream in a pan.
Turned on the heat.
Stirred the cheese packet in til it was completely mixed in.
Then poured the noodles in.
Photobucket

I stirred and stirred until it came to a boil.
Photobucket

And then I kept stirring... hahaha

Once it was mostly solid and not so soupy...
I put it in a bread pan.
Photobucket

And then Kelene seemed to think it needed a buttload of seasonings. So she kept throwing in random ones until I finally made her stop!!

It still didn't seem finished to me..
So I put it in the oven for a while.

And it came out looking like this:
Photobucket

Puke!
I thought it was really super gross.
Kelene thought it was pretty good.
And Richard thought it was pretty gross too... but was so hungry he ate most of it.
Photobucket

It was surprisingly sweet.. because of the cream.. but was super greasy too for some reason... and also tasted weird because of all the spices Kelene put in it.

... overall a successful endeavor, I'd say!

1 comment:

Sister Larson said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I wish I had been there for that, dang it all. My life is so boring up here in Provo. I've got nothing to blog about but some crazy person trying to steal my identity but hacking every email account I'd ever created and overtaking my Facebook and Blog. But I got most back. I should tell that story sometime maybe. I dunno. But I love this. The end.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.