Saturday, October 23, 2010

All You Need is Love...



I just wanna cry every time I see this video. I love how they meet when they're older. I love how they're not attractive. I love how he writes her a love letter every day. I love how plainly romantic the whole thing was.

I think every girl wants to be loved like that. I think every girl deserves to be loved like that. I think there's nothing in the world that compares to being in love. Sometimes I think I'm in love and then I look back and I'm not so sure! I probably was a little in love all those times. Or I at least loved those people, but maybe wasn't IN love.

I read books that describe love beautifully. I want to do that. Like Zora Neale Hurston in Their Eyes Were Watching God:

"He [Tea Cake] drifted off into sleep and Janie looked down him and felt a self-crushing love. So her soul crawled out from its hiding place."

and:

"Tell ‘em dat love ain’t somethin’ lak uh grindstone dat’s de same thing everywhere and do de same thing tuh everything it touch. Love is lak de sea. It’s uh movin’ thing, but still and all, it takes its shape from de shore it meets, and it’s different with every shore."

... maybe that last quote is why in hindsight it always feels like I wasn't REALLY in love... because it feels so different with each person. "It's different with every shore."

Well, I just managed to shove off the last shore... and I already can't wait to find the next beach! Be it rocky or sandy or grassy or woody or nothing but high cliffs waiting to be scaled, I can take it. And I look forward to it. :)


(Yes, that was dramatic and cheesy, so what? I might be a romantic. Get over it.)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.