Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mrs. Reynolds Was Basically Satan...

But she did actually teach me something. Mrs. Reynolds was my horribly feminist, sex obsessed, liberal English teacher my senior year. Even as I type mRs. Reynolds I laugh because she hated the R in mrs. because it symbolized how a married woman became part of Mr. because then she was Mrs. instead of just Ms. or something like that rubbish.

Anyway, she was obsessed with symbols in literature. Now, I admit there are a lot of symbols in literatue... but she'd always have to take it to the next level. I am SURE that the authors had no idea this insane woman would be dissecting their work and somehow making a leaf falling and getting crunched by someone's foot turn into a girl finding herself then getting raped. I mean, really. Mrs. Reynolds would find this crap.

But she was right about rain as a symbol. (Probably because she found this symbol in a book by another English teacher. Silly woman.) She said rain was a symbol of baptism and rebirth. And with all this rain we're getting recently, I'm really feeling it.

I had a meeting with my bishop tonight about some things that have been weighing on me pretty heavily lately. And the rain today really felt like it was giving me a fresh start.

Moral of the story? I love the rain. I love my bishop. And I love my Savior.

:)

2 comments:

Sister Larson said...

Hahaha. I agree with everything there. I just find it entertaining that you call her Satan at the beginning and love your Savior at the end. Hahahaha. Good times in senior English class. I need to find that book on Amazon and buy it. The end.

Kendra B. said...

Hahaha!!! I had an English teacher my senior year like that toooooo!!!!!!!!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Annie. I like life. I think it's pretty DARN awesome. I like blogging because I like writing. And I like talking about my life. I like that people read about my life... which is vain, I know. But I do! I'm a very silly girl but you'll like me. I just know it. :)
Powered by Blogger.